Monday

Day 8- Grateful for the Small things!



I love having a reason to hang up banners!
 11.8.10-

What a terrific day!  {the gloomy, yucky, cold weather couldn't bring me down!}
I was lucky to get to be with some fabulous friends, chat, eat some yummy food  & be inspired by so many things today! 

1- Dreams- Where would we be in life without having a dream or goals? I'm so glad that I have dreams & goals that I want to accomplish in my life.  The key for me is writing them down so I can review them often & see them on a piece of paper. Back in 2004 I wrote that one day I would like to have my home & yard  featured in a Magazine or on TV.   Well today I got to check that off my list- YEAH!! It was nice to welcome Courtney Orton into my home, from KSL, for a segment to be aired on Studio 5 about Celebrating the Small Things. I hosted a Magazine Monday with 10 other friends that will be aired later this month.  I do this about every other month & everyone brings some of their favorite magazines to look at as well as a delicious food to share with the group. We always have a wide variety of magazines which is great!  Everyone has their own personalities, style & interests & it shows in the magazines they bring to share.  We had the best little lunch today with chips & salsas, tortilla wraps, hummus & veggies, scrumptious bread sticks & even a savory curry salad served in a pie pumpkin.  

2- MaGaZINes- This is one of my favorite things to get in the mail, grab at the check-out stand or take on a plane with me when I travel.  I think I like them because I am a visual person & love to look at the photographs & layouts for inspiration.
{I'm not that big of a reader- except I am almost finished with book #5 of Harry Potter!}
I also love looking through catalogs that come in the mail.  I have quite a loooong wish list of things I would like to get one day, but for know its always fun to look & dream.

Some of my favorites are:

-Nearly 3 lbs. of magazines just waiting to get looked through-

Pottery Barn Catalogs {so much inspiring things in there- I dog ear nearly EVERY page!}
Martha Stewart Living {LOVE my Martha!}
Country Living
Restoration Hardware
Sundance
Wisteria
Ballard Designs
RSH
Napa Valley
Garnet Hill

-I would LOVE to hear what are some of your favorites!-

3- Cupcakes {of any size & flavor!}  I special ordered in some scrumptious cupcakes today  from Whimsy Cupcakes.  They were the perfect little sweet treat for today. 
 My FAVORITE is the Breakfast at Tiffany's {Choc. cake with blue coconut frosting- delish!!}
 Don't cupcakes just make you happy? 



Chairs, with magazine swags tied onto the back, just waiting for someone to sit in them.



Magazine pintail banners- so fun to make!

Whew.... what a tiring but delightful day!  I have been looking forward to this date for a long time. It was a wonderful experience & I'm grateful for the opportunity & I hope I get to do it again some time.
- I would love to hear what some of your favorite magazines are to read & look at-

{M}

5 comments:

CINNIBONBON said...

Congrats!!!! That's a great accomplishment...way to go fellow 21er!!!

Chris and Paige Bell said...

Melissa you are amazing! You are kind of like your own magazine that I look at for ideas and inspiration. Can't wait to see you on TV

aqb said...

So cool Melissa, I will have to see it when I come for Christmas. House looks great!

Lesa @ music notes said...

I love magazines and catalogs as well. Thanks for sharing your list.

I've never ordered a Matthew Mead but I found this one and have ordered it. HOLIDAY! I'm watching for it in the mail.
http://www.holidaywithmatthewmead.com/2010/03/buy-holiday-with-matthew-mead.html

Honeybee said...

Lesa-
I am patiently waiting for my Holiday to arrive in the mail too. SO excited!! I got his Halloween one a few years ago & loved it.

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace