Wednesday

Day 10- A few gratitude points to "high-light"

11.10.10-

   I don't know if I have told you before but I LOVE quotes!  Oh... when I find a good one that has great meaning & really makes you stop & think it makes my day.  Well when I came across this one last week, in my Country Living magazine, I just knew I had to print it out.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life...
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
-Melody Beattie

Don't you agree?  A little thank you can go a long way in our crazy busy world & not only change the persons life who recieves it but our lives as well for giving it.
{something to think about & do}

I like this photo because  there are things in the background that I am grateful for-

1- The beautiful world we live in {Referring to my vintage globe stand} Take the time to just look out your window &  enjoy what you see {you don't have to be somewhere foreign or far away, which would be nice, but enjoy what is around you this very minute}
So for me- Mountains, pine trees, running water, bright orange berries on the tree & little songbirds in the feeder.

2- The Temple- {referring to the picture of the Bountiful Temple} Such a place of beauty & peace.  I love to spend time there.

3- My Heritage I think I get my love of quotes from my Grandpa Hall.  {Oh, how I miss him!}  When he would read he always had a yellow highlighter with him & when he came across something he liked he would highlight it.  He was always reciting something he had just read, a quote that he particularly liked or a poem that he learned in grade school. He liked to share little tid bits with his family.  I like to go to my Grandma's home sometimes open a book of his & just look at what he highlighted because I know that he really must have appreciated what was being said.
A few years ago I put a yellow highlighter in my nightstand & started using it in honor of him.
{I'll share more of my favorite quotes in the coming days}

Now I think it is a great day to make a Giant Cinnamon Petal Roll
{a recipe from my Aunt Karalee, grateful for her too}
and have some hot chocolate- I'm freezing!

{M}

*oh, I finished Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix- can't wait to start book #6. Sad I won't be done with them all in time to go see the movie next week. But I told myself I wouldn't see the movies until I had read that particular book, the books are always so much better.
And.. I thought it was appropriate that I finished book 5 on Day 5 of my 21 day challange-  Holla!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I want some Cinnamon Pedal Roll please! That sounds perfect for a cold day.

I loved Grandpa's quotes although the ones I can remember off of the top of my head are all ones that swear. :) I love Willis S.

Amberlee said...

Melissa I love your sweet petal roll and have made it the last two conferences, so yummy!

Nicole Garner McConkie said...

Love the quote and I too love your sweet petal roll. :)

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace