Sunday

Playing Catch-up Day {17-20}

11.20.11- 


  What a couple of fun filled days I've had that have kept me away from my computer so I couldn't blog but I kept track of 3 things each day that I was grateful for.  I had the chance to go spend a few days with my husband in one of my favorite states, North Carolina,  in beautiful Asheville & spent 2 nights at the charming Grove Park Inn tucked up in the hills- it was amazing.  
-Ty & I at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, N.C. 2011
Isn't the roof unique?- 
Day {17} 
1- Airplanes- {I'm grateful for the modern technology & the ability we have to travel so easy from one place to another. I'm also grateful that I conquered one of my fears of flying alone, Ty was already there on meetings, Yeah- for me!} 
2- Conversations {I'm grateful to a nice man from Atlanta that sat next to me & talked to me for a good hour or so about something I love- Sports!  It definitely helped keep me calm during the flight.  I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with him about my Blue Devils} 
3- Prayer {I'm grateful that I can talk to my Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere & know that he hears and answers my prayers, I'm grateful for 3 prayers from little girls said on my behalf today & the opportunity to gather as friends & co-workers of Ty's in Asheville that night to say a prayer over the food.  What a blessing prayer is in my life!}

Day {18}
1- Regis {Today I sat in my hotel room, 2 hours earlier than home, & watched Regis for the last time & cried a little too.  I've grown up watching, laughing & listening to his stories. I even planned my early morning college courses around host chat so I wouldn't miss it.  Thanks Reege!} 
-My favorite thing to watch every morning- won't be the same!- 
2- North Carolina {Oh, what a beautiful state! It's amazing how much I have learned to love & appreciate it. I never thought I would ever have the connections I do to this incredible place- My love for Duke University, Ty's job & now friends that live here. I simply enjoy & look forward to every visit here} 
-A picture of the GPI & the state flag of No. Carolina flapping in the breeze- it was CHiLLY!-
3- Brick sidewalks {The sound  of walking on an uneven brick sidewalk- I love it! I appreciate the little details that make you know you are somewhere special & N.C. is full of them. From brick sidewalks, stacked stone fences & lush trees I enjoy spending time here}
-love the moss growing in between the bricks, had to take a picture of this on our way to Breakfast @ the Corner Kitchen- 

Day {19}
1- Trees {I'm surrounded by them, everywhere. So many different kinds that what I am used to seeing at home. I love driving down roads in Asheville & being surrounded by trees on ether side- beautiful}
-A few looking out from the Inn windows- 

2-Gingerbread Houses {The Grove Pine Inn is home to the National Gingerbread Competition, I think it is because the outside of the Inn actually looks like it could be a gingerbread house. Wish my girls were here to see them- such creativity.}

-Yes, that is all Gingerbread, can you believe that!- 

-SImple & Sweet youth entry- classic Gingerbread Village- 

-One of my favorites- I can't believe all the skill & time that went into constructing this house-
 Ok, this entry just stole my heart!! I adored all the colors & the whole whimsy theme of this entry.  If I saw this coming down my street I would for sure run out for a cup of hot cocoa & a ginger snap.  Simply delightful to look at.  
What an amazing Teen that put this together! 


-Loved the ribbon detail around the entry too- presentation is everything!- 
-Look at all those colorful details- so charming!- 

-Run, Run as fast as you can... so stinkin cute!!- 
3-Smells {The whole smell of Gingerbread at the Inn really got me excited for the Holidays that will soon be here. I love that smell. I was also grateful to receive 2 aprons from Grandma GG's house that the girls picked out. When I went to put them away this morning I smelled them & tears came to my eyes because they smelled just like Grandma GG & her home.  It made me miss her all over again but grateful for the wonderful memories I have & that I get to make baked eggs, sugar cookies & her famous "scrabble" {a salty mix of nuts, pretzels & Chex cereals} while wearing aprons from her home this Holiday Season}

Day {20}
1- Opportunities {Today I had the opportunity to fast with my family & our ward family} 
2- Childrens' voices {Nothing is better than hearing little children bear their testimony through word or song. It always touches my heart}
3- Lessons {I'm grateful for lessons I learn each & every day.  Lessons that remind me of things I already know, lessons that teach me something new or lessons that inspire me to do better}


Hope you had a wonderful weekend too. Can't believe that next week at this time our halls will be decked
{I just can't put up anything Christmasy before Thanksgiving} 

-Just hanging out with one of my buddies at the Grove Park Inn-  what a great time. Thanks Ty!- 
{M}

4 comments:

Jan said...

Looks fabulous! Love all the things you are grateful for...a perfect reminder of so many things we are blessed with.

Honeybee said...

I'm grateful that someone reads these posts & that through this blog I now know you- thanks Jan! :)

Alison said...

Thank you so much for joining in on the ward fast. It was extremely powerful and comforting. I am Thankful for the ward family and our amazing Bishop!

Love Fam said...

I'm so Jealous of your trip, that is where Brandon served his mission and I have yet to make the trip!! Your pictures make me want to go soooo bad! Thanks for the great post!