Thursday

Some wintery scenes around my home

12.22.11-


  Juts a few minutes before my girls are off from school for the Holiday & the sugar cookie baking can begin- Hooray
Since there is very little snow outside my home this Christmas I thought I better look around my house for signs of winter indoors. Here are a couple of cute little spots that make me smile & dream of a white Christmas-

This one is in our guest bathroom.  I love the little scene set in a mustard yellow metal tool box I found at the DI awhile ago.  The base is some old marbles & vintage colorful poker chips with some sparkly snowballs {my favorite things}
mixed in perfect for adding some holiday cheer. 


 You can never have too many bottle brush trees around the house placed here & there- I always say. 


This magical scene is set up in the kitchen windowsill- who knew that waterless snow globes were just as much fun to look at.  {Another {pin}spiration from Pinterest} Each bottle was so fun to create.  I need to be on the look out for some other fun little vintage goodies to finish off each scene.  I used a variety of jars from the ordinary Mason to older blue glass jars & unique ones found at antique stores.


I filled up the bottom of each jar with faux snow, glitter snowballs & even sugar-  I had a blast coming up with each little scene. 


?Honeybee wants to know- Is it going to be a White Christmas where you live? 

I guess it's all how you look at it - if it's not outside that doesn't have to stop you from being creative & coming up with ways of having some white stuff indoors. 

{M}

No comments: