Thursday

Ooey- Gooey- GoodNess!

1.19.12- 
  
We LoVE popcorn around our house- it's one of our main food groups. We even have a popcorn drawer in our kitchen that stores the packs of buttery goodness & a bin solely dedicated to it in our pantry- funny, but so necessary! :) 
{don't believe me... here is proof!} 

We probably have popcorn almost every single day, the girls love to have it as a snack after school, when we watch a Basketball game on TV or just while watching a movie.  Our favorite everyday kind is good old fashioned 
butter & salt.

But when it's a special night this is our favorite treat to make. It is really quite easy & simple to make. 
This recipe has been a Hall family favorite {thanks Mom} for a long time. It's been fun to share the recipe with college roommates, in-laws, friends & neighbors over the years & everyone loves it! 

Marshmallow Popcorn 
1 Gallon of popped popcorn  
1 C. brown sugar 
1 C. butter {2 sticks}
1 bag BIG marshmallows or 4 Cups of small 


-all the goodness in the pot just ready to mix & mingle all together- 
 Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Pour 1/2 of popped popcorn in a large bowl & pour 1/2 of the marshmallow mixture in & stir well together. Then add remaining popcorn & marshmallow- it's easier to mix that way. 
-Enjoy!- 
{trust me you will- I'm not even that big of a marshmallow fan but I am when it comes to this- Yum-E!}
It's better to eat when it's warm & gooey but if you can't get to it for awhile or want to leave some for the next day just be sure to cover with plastic wrap.



  Well I better keep "pop"-ing & get things done around here. My 3 girls are back in school so I have the days all by myself now & have quite a to-do list to tackle. 

{M}

14 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Maybe it's a Hall thing...I could have popcorn everyday! I love the stuff! It's my staple dish for the Red, White & Blue Party (candied popcorn is delish!) I can't wait for Jennah to get bigger so she can share with me so I don't eat the whole bag myself. :) I may have to try the marshmallow popcorn tonight!

Liz said...

Your mom's Marshmallow popcorn is the best! I always make it for the 4th of July.

Natalie said...

Oooo Yum! I think I'm making some of that this afternoon! Our favorites are an easy mircowave carmel-topped popcorn and as a kid my mom would always make "Pink Popcorn" - with cinnamon....dang I think I'm gonna make some now - ha ha

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

yummmmmm.....one of my favorite reasons to come and see the Quig's is I know that we are probably going to have Popcorn at some point. I totally want some marshmallow popcorn now!

We need to plan our craft day and then make sure we have popcorn while we get our craft on. :)

EMILEE said...

HAPPY POPCORN DAY, I LOVE POPCORN AS WELL. ABOUT YOUR LAST POST, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I LOVE TAKING THE DRIVE TO COME TO YOUR SHOWS, I'AM A PERSON WHO LOVES TO SEE THINGS IN PERSON, I HOPE TO SEE THAT YOU STILL DO YOUR SHOWS AT YOUR HOME, BUT YOU ARE SO TALENTED, BLESSINGS ON WHAT EVER YOU DO.. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I read your blog today to realize it is Popcorn Day!!! I L-O-V-E popcorn!!! Just ask anyone in my family. I think my all time favorite is the really hot & buttery kind get from the theaters. But wait I do love the kettle corn you get during the summer at the fairs. Hmm I guess it doesn't really matter to me I just love the stuff!

Becky said...

We love popcorn and when Costco has a coupon we stock up! We usually have the Smart Pop, I love the buttery stuff better but I don't like buttery fingers. Pop corn is the first thing my kids learn to cook, it's 1:55 in our microwave.

jessvb05 said...

Good to know. I will definitely partake of some popcorn tonight. I want to try out this marshmallow popcorn...but it just seems too naughty for words :) And how did this popcorn recipe never make it to our family? Was it a Hall thing or a Ford thing? :)

Sharee said...

We love popcorn here at the VB house! We put a little extra butter and some Lawrys seasoning on it and it is soooo yummy. But I may make that marshmellow kind! It looks delish!!

Aleshia said...

I love my cracker jack popcorn recipe. But definitely need to try your recipe TONIGHT! Thanks for the heads up about Popcorn Day.

CeCille Hall said...

Thanks, Melissa, it is yummy! We just made it for after school snack. - CeCille, Kaitlyn, Hannah, Trevor and Casen

Gayle said...

My favorite way is popping regular inexpensive popcorn in the microwave and spray it with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter". Yummy and healthy.

Honeybee said...

Thanks for sharing everyone- seasoning salt on popcorn I have never thought of or tried but I'm gonna! Hope you all tried & enjoyed the Marshmallow popcorn.

troysuzfam said...

I make that popcorn all the time! It's a family favorite! Around holidays I add the seasonal M&M's. It's delicious!