Saturday

THANKS & something to share!

5.15.10-
Thanks to everyone to came up to The Hive this week & for all the "BuZZing" that went on. We had a great turnout & had some fabulous things here for sale. Hope you all went away with something great. I wanted to post some pictures but my camera is hiking in Moab with Miss Mace at the moment so I'll have to post them later.

In the meantime I think I will go make these for my family. We LOVE them & I make them about every weekend {look at 58 things post} so I thought I would share the recipe. It's a Martha, who I LOVE, & she is also mentioned in my 58 things post.
Have a wonderful weekend!
{M}


Whole-Wheat Pancakes

1 1/4 C. Whole-Wheat Flour

1/4/ C. Wheat Germ

2 TB. Sugar

1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder

1/2 tsp. Baking Soda

1 tsp. Salt

1 1/2 C. Buttermilk {*Did you know- if you don't have buttermilk on hand you can make your own by adding 3 TB. of vinegar into 1 1/2 C. of Milk. Just let it stand for a minute or so before adding to the flour mixture. It works GREAT!!}
1/4 C. Veg. Oil
2 Eggs

Whisk together flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, soda & salt in a large bowl. Stir in the buttermilk, oil, & eggs. Let stand for 10 minutes (if batter gets too thick, stir in a TB of water) You can also add some blueberrries in if you have them, yummy! Coat skillet with a cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Spoon the batter for each pancake on the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear, flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I highly recommend these pancakes. Meliss makes them for us every Saturday and we love them. Very filling.

lesa said...

I gave you a blog award on my blog today!!

www.timesignature.blogspot.com