Wednesday

Summertime Floral Arrangement

5.22.13- 


  It's that time of year again.  Time for BBQ's in the backyard, family get togethers, neighborhood parties & just plain being outside to enjoy this lovely time of year.  I wanted to share with you one of my FaVORITE go-to outdoor entertaining ideas.  
{actually it can work indoors or out. If you came to The Hive last week you know what I mean} 


- Flowers in a vintage Coleman cooler - 
Have you ever seen anything more simple or sweet?  This arrangement took literally seconds to put together & will produce lots of smiles & is sure to intrigue your guests.  It will have them saying, "How cute is that!"  or "I have one of those at my house", "I'm going to do that at our next family reunion" & my personal Favorite, "I've got to find me a cooler!!"   

Thanks to my hubby for having a vintage cooler/thermos collection {in an array of color} for me to play around with.  I love to find new uses for common everyday things.  
{We've found them at antique stores, the DI & yard sales} 

One great thing about Sunflowers too {from Costco or your backyard} is that they are pretty hardy flowers & will last for weeks if you need them too.  These blooms went from The Hive last week to being used for the HS softball dinner banquet in our yard last night.  

Love the Summertime & the chance to be outdoors. Hope you get to enjoy warm days & late nights.  Let Summer begin! 

{M} 

No comments: