Thursday

The Quigley halls are decked!

12.16.10-
I have always laughed at the phrase- Deck the Halls because my maiden name is Hall.
{No, we never did deck each other growing up}
 I wanted to give you a quick glimpse at our home
during the Holidays.
This year has been really FUN to decorate. It all started when my husband told me that he had had enough of the white lights on the Christmas tree {14 years} & he wanted to put colored lights up this year. Although I was hesitant to give in- I have LOVED them! 
{Thanks Ty for making me see the light! {colored that is ;)}
So to embrace the new theme I tried not to put anything up where it has been before.  Some spaces were easy & others a bit more of a challenge but I am happy with the outcome.

HaPPy HoLiDaYS everyone from my home to yours!
-Fun new finds on my kitchen island & charming candy containers on the countertop & I love my tin signs up above the stove-

-an H&H glittered house in a sprinkling of glittered white little snowballs- love these!-

-Our kitchen table a little of this & that. My favorite new holiday decor the wonderful candlesticks w/ hanging colored ornaments. Found these at the Gatehouse in Orem-

-The 2010 Quigley Christmas tree-

-This year I displayed my little house collection & bottle brush trees up high on my childrens chair collection
I have loved the way they have looked.  I usually have them up in my little windows in the great room- so this was a change but I LOVE it-

-Peace on Earth & in the homework nook-

-a little mix & match in the mudroom area-

-Another winter village up high on the chairs-

-one of my FAVORITE places to decorate each season- the stairway
I love putting an eclectic collection of whatever here-

-How SWeeT is this picture of my Mom visiting jolly old St. Nicholas-

-Our downstairs mantle.  I love the colors here- mustard, red, turquoise & greens.  Fun & Festive!!-

-This vintage bulletin board is soon becoming my favorite thing in the house {maybe it's the school teacher in me} but I enjoy changing out the contents each month & filling it with the girls artwork, photos & fun little finds.

-The Famous Friends & Family door from Studio 5-
-I just had to throw this one in for my friend in Boise- she always wants to know what my mantle looks like.  Well here you go N- all spruced up for the Holidays.  I love the sparkly old German glass glitter Merry Christmas sign up top & all the red poinsettias around- so Christmasy!
Thanks for stopping by- come again!
{M} 

1 comment:

lesa said...

That is the second picture I've seen this season of someone's Mom sitting on santa's lap. Those are the kind of pictures that are treasures.

Your home is beautiful!