Wednesday

Summer Hive- recap!

7.6.16- 

Hope you all had a terrific 4th of July weekend.  Whew.... I'm still trying to catch up & recover from all the fun events the last couple of weeks.  Wanted to share with you all, in case you couldn't make it, a little bit about The Summer Hive.  Every Hive is always so fun to plan & prepare for.  Each is unique & exciting in it's own way.  The Summer one was no exception.  


-These adorable cement letters were made & given to me by my sweet friend & vendor, EmeryAveDesigns.  I just love them!- 

One thing that makes each Hive special is the variety of vendors that participate.  Vendors are invited to come to the show, some I find on my own & some reach out to me.  I like to match up which vendors & their products would go great with the season we are in & other vendors that are participating.  Since The Hives are held in my home there are a limited number of vendors that participate.  Just like it that way.  Here is a peek of the vendors from this time. 
{P.S.  you can look up any of these on Instagram by their names} 
-Cute kid & adult tee-shirts by QT & Co.filled up the wire rack display - 

-Cuteness! Fabric washi tape from LemonyStitch.  She showed multiple ways how you can use this fun stuff.  CAUTION- it's addicting once you start, you're going to want to washi tape everything! -

-Simplicity at it's best & prettiest!  Cement creations from EmeryAveDesigns
-I LOVED this saying!  Sums up Summertime pretty well, don't you think? These darling things were made by TiffMade.  She is so great when it comes to pairing patterns & fabric together.- 

-Money collecting jars, adorable! Maybe I need to ask her to make me a special one for furniture, antiquing or Waco or bust collection jars ;) - 


-Fun frames  & big display pieces by JWilkins, always love to see what she brings - 

-The MOST gorgeous jewelry by Voulez Jewelry. I mean so sparkly, classy & timeless.  I adore her things & love having her in The Hive. - 

-Fabulous wooden signs & stacking hexagons, I need to place an order because they all SOLD OUT, from ChalkboardBlue.  

Of coarse there was some H&H as well.  I had a blast putting together bright, happy colors to celebrate Summer.  I'm always happy to know that my stuff goes home to new homes that love it as much as I like making it all.  The shop shelves are empty now, time to start preparing for the next one.  Fall will "bee" here before I know it! 


It's always great to decorate the outside to welcome everyone into our home. I like to always pull great vintage goods from 3Dotters & other vendors to complete the look.  
I held an Early Bee Event, the night before The Hive officially opened this year.  The money raised from ticket sales went to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.  A foundation dedicated to funding children's cancer research.  Thought it would be a sweet deserving case to give the profits to.  I asked my friends from DelishMyDish to help out by giving everyone something yummy to much on while they shopped & let me tell you, their M&M cookies were a hit!  Be sure to follow them on Instagram for lots of tasty recipes your family will love! 


-So, so good!  My family was glad there were a few left over after the event.  Wanted to just give some sweetness to all those who bought tickets & gave to such a great case!- 
Of coarse if you are supporting a case with lemonade in the title, you better have some wet your whistle lemonade on hand to give out.  {Served in a vintage cooler too!} Found these 2 great flavors at the grocery store in our town, I've seen them other places before too.  So keep a look out for them.  *the Nesbitt's honey lemonade is delish! 

-Just had a take a pic of this.  This happy guy found a nook to sit at to enjoy his lemonade, cookie & a vintage book he picked up off the front porch from 3Dotters to read while his Mom shopped. How cute is that!  The book went home with him, he liked it so much.  This is the stuff that makes me happy & keep doing The Hive over & over again.  Little neighborhood shoppers are my favorite!- 


That was fun to sit down & type up.  Sometimes I get so busy with all the "To-do" things that I forget to take a second & share with you all.  As always, there are things that went well, things to rethink, change & make better.  That's one thing I always like to do after each Hive.  Reflect, refocus & of coarse start dreaming about the next one.

Have a great day!

{M} 

1 comment:

Kelly O. said...

what a great recap! Of course, I would have loved to be there-- but this is as good as I'm going to get for now! thanks for sharing!!