Thursday

Summertime decor ideas

 5.21.15-

It's that time again, starting to think about how to change up the decor around the house & welcome in all things that seem to scream SuMMER! 
 {I don't decorate for the 4th of July quite yet, Summer needs to be celebrated & the birthday month comes first!}

When I was thinking of decorating for Summertime three words come to mind- COLOR, FUN & PLAYFUL. I have really enjoyed decorating for this special time of year in our home over the past few years.  It is just so much FuN, no stress just want ever goes- if it's colorful & there's lots of it, it will work.  Trust me!  Plus, you can leave it up ALL SUMMER LONG!
{To see more ideas click HERE

I wanted to share a few places around the house that make me happy & I'll give some helpful decorating tips along the way too. My first tip- *never put up decor the same way year after year. Mix it around, have some fun, change it up! 
{You might see me use a few same things in a space but it's NEVER identical to what's been done before. Makes for refreshing decor}

This time around I began the whole Summertime decorating process with the TaDa Home Decor's "Signs of Summer" collection.  It was a great place to start!  All these great things come together in one box. Makes decorating a snap. 

You can set it up exactly as it is or as I'm going to show you, use piece by piece & incorporate into decor you already have.
{You can order one for yourself too, comes shipped right to your door. Go HERE to purchase.} 

 I wanted to break up the collection & spread the sunshine all throughout our house instead of having it all up in one spot.  So fun, to put a few things here & there, mix it in & tie into other decor items you already have.  

- I mean, how HaPPY is this?!-
The mantel is always my go to spot to decorate first, probably because it takes up the most space.  This mustard mantel as the backdrop was just begging for pops of red, splashes of turquoises & the rest of the rainbow to come out & play.  When I got everything put into place & stepped back to see it all I think I might have squealed. 
{Oh, who am I kidding I totally did!} 

Just look at all that fun rolled up into one display.  Baseball, Tennis, sunshine, pictures of vacations & outdoor BBQ's, a ferris wheel & smores what up there doesn't say SuMMER.  So FuN!! 
-Tennis anyone?  You can find lots of sports equipment at antique stores & flea markets.  Instant charm & whimsy to any decor. 
Another decorating tip- *be open to inspiration, you never know when it might hit. Play around with the size & scale, move things around, add height until everything fits just right!

Garlands, garlands & more garlands.  I always say, the more the better!  Things always look better in 3's so use that as your guideline for using garlands & banners. One garland just never is enough, two looks too sparse but 3, wah-lah!  The perfect amount.  These all go well together because they are all made from different things but color is what ties them all together.  I LoVE!!  I dare you not to be smiling as you look at this, just so happy & cheerful. 
*decorating tip use scotch tape to hang up lightweight garlands & keep them in place.  

-Somewhere over the rainbow!! Smitten with all the color that's up on the mantel this month-
Don't forget to check out many more inspiring decorated mantels as well as share off your own by searching the hashtag #newmonthnewmantel 

The kitchen always gets a splash of decor when the seasons change to.  It was perfect to put the lemonade sign, from the TaDa box, up in the kitchen along with the cute ball jar sign that was also included in the collection.  




I grabbed some vintage glass canning jars, {this probably won't surprise you but I have a collection of these} a thermos {I collect those too } & some retro colored drinking glasses I bought this Spring at an antique shop to put up with the signs.  All I need now is some fresh lemons to squeeze, sugar & sunshine to sit outside in & enjoy the summer days & nights.  
-Simply cheerful & delicious to look at!-
Again, garlands can go anywhere in the house.  
There's always a reason to put up a garland. - Melissa Quigley 
Even the thought of sipping lemonade is reason to celebrate.  

This little camper sign that came in the TaDa box is just the cutest thing ever.  At first I didn't know what to do with it but then I glanced over & saw my vintage red truck & a light bulb went off inside my head.  


I simply "hitched" it up behind the truck & it's ready to hit the open road.  It looked so cute that I decided to fill up the back with some postcards we've collected on our travels during the Summer months in the past.  Good memories of favorite vacation spots & a charming display & conversation piece too.  Love when decor does that.  

Hope these have given you lots of ideas as you consider decorating your home for the Summer months ahead.  I like to think "outside the box" when I decorate & try to put new spins on displays & set up.  Makes it so much more enjoyable that way & spontaneous- make it your own & work with what you have.  The only thing I bought was the TaDa Summer Collection. Well worth the money to get all those great pieces {7 signs & 2 garlands to be exact} from amazing talented artisans.  

Bring on Summer- we're ready in this house! 

{M}

No comments: