Friday

National Chocolate Chip Day!

5.15.15- 

Happy Day! It's not everyday that it's a day to celebrate chocolate chips so I thought I'd bring back a post from a year ago to share with you on this special day! These recipes have a little EXTRA stuff thrown into the basic chocolate chip cookie recipe.  A vintage H&H post that deserves to be shared again.  
Enjoy- 

This is one of those recipes that is so good, you just might end up eating all of the dough before it even makes it to the oven.  In fact, I've made this recipe before & just taken the dough {in containers}  to the neighbors for them to enjoy by the spoonful.  It really is that good! Sometimes the dough is better than the cookie but in this case both are just as tasty. 


I have a long history with this cookie recipe.  I made up a batch of these when I was in the 4th grade & taking 4-H cooking classes in the summer.  I won a Blue Ribbon at the County Fair & then a Red Ribbon at the Utah State Fair with this recipe.  The name New Jersey Cookies comes from my Mom growing up in New Jersey.  She entered this recipe {of her Mom's} into a contest & needed a cute name to go along with them. Doesn't it sound much better than just saying Oatmeal Choc. Chip Cookies?  
New Jersey sounds much more exiting don't you think ;) 
-Notice on the recipe card I have my Mom wrote, Don't Triple!  That's because my little brother & his friends got the bright idea to triple this recipe one day.  I'm pretty sure they ate most of them by themselves before the rest of the family got home. Teenagers!- 
New Jersey Cookies 
1 C. Butter {softened} 
1 C. Sugar 
1 C.  Brown Sugar 
2 Eggs 
1 1/2 C. Flour 
1 tsp. Vanilla 
1tsp. Soda 
1tsp. Salt 
3 C. Oatmeal 
1 pkg. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 

   Cream butter & sugars together then add eggs. Add soda, salt, flour, oatmeal & vanilla to the sugar mixture and mix together well. Add chocolate chips in at the end & give it a good mix. When everything is combined set in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. {Hard to wait, I know but it will be worth it!} 
 Drop rounded dough balls onto a un- greased cookie sheet & bake for 8 minutes in 350 degree oven.
* Don't skip the chill in the fridge part, I think that is the key.  Try not to eat all the dough either!
-Enjoy!!-

So, so good!  Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.  If you're looking for something a little gluten free try these FLOURLESS Choc. Chip, PB, Oatmeal Cookies they are de.lish!  You can get the recipe for them HERE
Bake up a batch, pin them if you want & bring some smiles to your kids, neighbors & friends today.  I love baking & sharing.  Makes my heart happy! 
*Don't be shy, I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment & let's become friends. 

{M} 

No comments: