Thursday

Something fresh & flavorful to share

5.5.11-
  Hola!  
{Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone} 

Just wanted to quickly share with you some pictures from the Gourmet Night I hosted last week with my friend, Nicole.  Thanks also to my friend Courtney for the fabulous photos of the evening.
{as much as she is a great photographer she is also a fabulous cook & made the Mozzarella cheese & Lemongrass soup- delicious!} 
-the drink & appetizer table. A pitcher of water ready for Sonic ice & cut up fruits & veggies to make it flavored.  My FaV is cucumber water- if you haven't tried it you need too. Just drop a slice of cucumber into your next glass of water-
Nicole & I wanted to have a dinner that was fresh, flavorful & light & I think we accomplished what we set out to do.  
{the Rosemary Honey alone- yum!}
-Everyone went home with a little jar of Honey- so SWeeT!-
Not to mention it drizzled on homemade warm flat bread & 30 min. Mozzarella cheese- Delicious!
{I'm thinking making the 30 min. mozzarella cheese would be a great Summertime activity to make with my kids one day}

The theme for the evening was  "woodsie" inspired. Lots of green, pinks & pieces of various types of wood, moss & flowers. 
{I LOVED the wood plank place mats, that might have been my favorite decorating touch} 

These place mats have quite the story & were carefully carried home on the plane & shipped home from Palymyra, NY. Our husbands made a connection with a resident there that cut up some wood planks for them.  They will soon be made into pens & other fine things turned on a lathe. 
{sorry, long story but interesting no less} 

To end the night we had Grandma Gardner's Strawberry pie {check out the recipe for the different ingredients that go into this crust}  
topped with homemade Basil Ice Cream
{soooo refreshing & light tasting- try it, 
I think you'll like it!}

-some people loved this so much they wanted to lick their plates clean, I'm not going to mention any names but there were a few-

For the full menu  & recipes from our dinner {& many more}  go to the Delish My Dish blog link on the left hand side of my blog or simply click {here} 
-I'd love to know if you try any of the recipes or be sure to leave a comment on the Delish blog- 

Make something yummy for dinner tonight! 

{M}

No comments: