Thursday

Some exciting things!

7.3.14- 


  It's been a thrilling week lots of wonderful things have filled my bucket, made me squeal with delight & feeling very grateful. Thought it all deserved a blog post devoted to good news. Hope you don't mind me sharing a few things. I love hearing from readers, followers & friends that say they tried something I told them about or baked up a recipe that I posted or shared, makes me feel like I am serving a good purpose & inspires me to keep sharing things I adore with all of you.  So thank you! 

First of all, opened up Pinterest to find that Smith & Edwards {if you're local, you know the store I'm talking about}  
shared my pics & wrote about them on their Pinterest Boards.  Yes, they are on Pinterest.  Follow them for lots of unique ideas using treasures from days gone by.  

So excited that they noticed my pics, looked on my blog & pinned to their boards.  Thanks Smith & Edwards.  Hope to be back junking in "the yard" soon. 

Then the most A.MaZ.iNG thing happened.  I believe it was at 7:58 Monday morning that I opened up my Instagram to see a comment left by MARTHA STEWART on my photo.  What?!? Crazy, right.  It was a photo I had taken of a Cherry Bar Cookie that I made for a get together with friends last  weekend. 

I pulled it out of the oven & saw that a dough shaped heart had appeared while it had baked.  I think that is what caught their attention. Or maybe it was the eye contact we made 2 weeks ago at Alt, who knows either way I was thrilled beyond belief & so excited.  The Photo is now entered into a contest the company is hosting so we'll see. 

-Recipe for this tasty treat is coming soon.... because if Martha notices it, it must be shared!- 
I took this photo & posted it on Instagram Tuesday morning. It got so many likes so fast, it was fun to see.  Glad everyone else thinks that well worn baseballs, that have seen a lot of playing time over the years, on display & getting the recognition they deserve is fantastic too.  No better way to welcome in the month of July. Nothing more American than that.  Loved reading all the comments it got. Some made me laugh, tear up & all made me smile. 
{Oh, & I just found out that Martha liked this photo too on Instagram. Seriously.... over the moon excited!

 Speaking of Instagram I just LOVE it!  I just can't say enough about it.  I'm grateful for the wonderful connections & friends I have met on it. What a amazing community to be a part of.  I enjoy sharing behind the scenes of Hollyhocks & Honeybees on Instagram. If you don't already follow, I'd love you to. You can find me @hollyhocksandhoneybees. 
{Pretty simple!} 

 This is a picture of the stack of Chatbooks that I'm smitten with.  So happy to have all the pics I've posted on Instagram printed in books to look at & enjoy in our home.  You can read more about my love for Chatbooks {HERE} & how you can order your own to be printed & get a FREE one just by entering the code: HONEYB

Then being featured on this lady's awesome app home screen is always a thrill but back to back weeks is just too much! Thanks, Rhonna.  My pic of the girls color party was featured the 1st week.
{By the way how adorable is that cactus couple?} 

Then on the screen again this week is my saying about going the extra mile I created, using the Rhonna Designs App.  Discovered this saying a few weeks ago & it really hit me.  Something to think about! 


Hope you all have this amazing app by now.  It is genius & so fun to play around with & dress up your pictures.  Lots of inspiration & ideas on the home screen too. Always fun to take a few minutes & look around at all the eye candy. 

Thanks for letting me share some happy things with you.  Hope to continue doing the things that I love & sharing them on my blog, Instagram & everywhere.  Nice to see sweet rewards of hard work every now & then. 
Have a wonderful day. 

{M} 

No comments: