Tuesday

Blog hop - All things Fall, Pumpkin Dessert

10.7.13- 

  Welcome to another fabulous blog hop- this time featuring all things Fall {Hooray!} Be sure to hop around & see what my creative friends are sharing today on their blogs.  Leave them a hello & tell them the honeybee sent you.  




Halloween Mantle - The Crafted Sparrow 




Memory Banner - Maybe I will 



Grapevine Ball Decorations- Free Time Frolics 
Halloween & Fall Display- Choose Craftiness 
Candy Corn Crate- The Benson Street 



Squash Mac & Cheese- Among the Young 
What's trending for Fall 2013- Flats to Flip Flops 

Hello.... Fall! 
 It's finally here my favorite time of year & the only time of the year that I bake with pumpkin.  Is that weird?  Do you bake with pumpkin through out the year or only during the Fall? {I want to hear from you- leave a comment below!}  
Something else about me, I'm not a huge pie eater but anything cakey, crumbly & sugary I'm totally into. So if you're like me {not the biggest pie lover} you'll love this easy to make, impress your family & friends Pumpkin Bar.  It combines all the flavors of a pumpkin pie into a moist cakey, crumbly treat.  Is it the best to make & take to any party or family get together.  Everyone will love it & ask for the recipe.  

Pumpkin Bars
{pumpkin pie in a bar- so easy & tasty!} 




Crust:  1 box Yellow cake Mix
{reserve 1 cup for the topping}
1/2 C. Melted Butter 
1 Egg 

Filling: 30 oz. Pumpkin 
2 Eggs 
2/3 C. Milk 
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice 
1/4 C. Brown Sugar 

Topping: 1 C. reserved Yellow cake mix 
1/2 C. Sugar 
1 tsp. Cinnamon 
1/4 C. melted Butter 

Mix crust ingredients together & press into the bottom of the pan.  Mix filling & pour over the crust.  For topping melt butter over med heat.  In a separatebowl combine Sugar, Cinnamon & Cake Mix.  Pour melted butter into mixture & toss until combined. Topping will be crumbly, & sprinkle on top of the filling.  Bake at 350 degrees on top rack for 1 hour & 10 minutes. Let completely cool & serve with a dollop of whip cream. 

These bars are a real show stopper at any dinner party.  I first fell in love with these when my friend & I made them for a Gourmet Club Dinner we hosted.  They have been a Fall favorite in our house ever since.  Give them a try with a big dollup of whip cream on the top- the BeST! 


Be sure to check out all the other fabulous recipes & ideas on our blog hop.  They are such to inspire you! 



{M}

1 comment:

Candice said...

Those look super yummy!! I'm going to have to try them!