Monday

Birds + branches + keys & cupcakes =inspiration!

4.19.10-

Just got home from a nice, relaxing, sunshiny vacation with my family & some friends. We enjoyed lounging by the pool, hiking in the red rocks of Southern Utah & sleeping in {isn't that what a vacation is for?}

I have 2 BIG shows coming up {Piper & Chloe & The Hive no. 2} & I have been waiting for some creative inspiration for about 2 weeks now- AUGH! I don't like to force myself to be creative or make things I like to wait & find some inspiration & go from there. {But I am really cutting it close} I think I received some when I walked into 25 Main in St. George this weekend. I went in just wanting to try a yummy cupcake w/ friends but instead saw lots of charming little this & that's to make me happy! :) The whole theme of this bakery/eatery is birds, branches, blues, turquoises & the #25 everywhere! Bold vinyl graphics of birds & branches on the walls, on the T-shirts of the employees & even some sweet live chirping birds in a birdcage in the front window.
I just took a few pictures wish I had more {I'm still in that nervous awkward stage of taking out my camera & taking lots of pictures to blog about- I'll try to do better!:) } but the few I have are goodies.


1- Loved this fabric on the back of all the booths, so springy & sweet & then I fell in LOVE with the lampshades that hanged over each little booth.
2- What a clever idea!! Get a basic shade & glue keys inside the shade for a dramatic shadow effect. {I might make me a couple of these for my living room} 3- Last but not least is the cupcakes-tasty!! I highly recommend the Coconut-so good! I loved the toasted coconut that they put on top {there isn't a picture of that one because I ate it :) } I wanted to try one of each, they have a wide selection that changes daily. *I also went into Urban Renewal with some friends. Oh my gosh!! I loved the style, the way they displayed everything {a giant old playground slide with stuffed animals sliding down} it was so whimsy, retro & fun! Wish I would have taken photos there- I'll have to go back soon ;)
Hope something may have inspired you too- I'm off to create!
{M}

3 comments:

lesa said...

We love 25 Main in St. George. It is a must-stop place! Love your new header. Good luck with your up-coming shows.

Diana Windley said...

consider my calendar marked!

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I love the fabric on the booth. :) The lampshade idea is super cute and would look good in your living room.