Monday

All things red, white & blue

6.23.14- 


  Summer is officially here & that means that the 4th of July is right around the corner.  It might just be one of my absolute favorite holidays!  

Time to get the house looking a little festive with lots of red, white & blue.  Come inside & take a peek of a few spots in my home.  Sharing one of my favorite ways to decorate & giving you the opportunity to decorate with them too a bit later in the post. 


I got this turquoise colored, heavy, metal thing  while junking at Smith & Edwards with my daughter, Macey, last month.  {It looks like it could have be a fan part a long ago} 
I really like the look stacking round things on top of our round table. When I placed it on there I thought it would look great with lots of Old Glory's standing at attention in the center of it.  Really happy with how it turned out.  The focal point of our great room. 

If you read this blog, you know that I am absolutely smitten with vintage glass pop bottles.  I have all shapes, colors & sizes.  It was fun to rummage through my shelves of bottles & picked out my favorite red, white & blue ones.  They stand loud & proud on our kitchen island for all to see.  They are stuffed with flowers, sparklers, wavy paper flags 
{you can get the free printable & how to from HERE
& of coarse the stars & stripes are represented as well. 


Just can not get enough of these!  They are fun to find, buy at estate sales, receive as gifts from sweet friends & discover on vacations & trips.  Festive patriotic colors on display in this collection. 

 Then things got a bit crazy... I couldn't stop myself!  I wondered what it would look like to place the bottles around the metal piece in the center of the living room.  A bit over the top but a real show stopper for the center of the room that demands attention.  A conversation piece right there. 



Now for the fun & exciting news for YOU!  As I was searching in my collection for bottles I discovered that I had quite the inventory & couldn't store them all anymore.  I just don't have the heart to throw them away so I wanted to see if any of you out there would like to start a red, white & blue bottle collection of your own just in time for the 4th.  

You can purchase these 3 festive bottles {United States of America flag included} SOLD OUT! 
That includes the shipping.  You'll receive one vintage Diet Coke bottle, one Boylans Club soda bottle, one Cheerwine bottle & an American flag.  
-They went fast, sorry!  If I find more I'll post-  Thanks for the interest!-
-So fun!  Here they are stuffed with lots of goodies & some sparklers too. Imagine how cute that would be on a dinner table right before fireworks light up the sky- 
-You can also fill them up with flowers from the yard too. Lots of uses & possibilities  with these 3 beauties- 
Only 9 more days until the 4th of July!

{M} 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks soooo Cute Meliss! I really like the turquoise fan looking thing! Ask Uncle Doyle, I bet he will know what it is! It all really looks great ! love it!